This is my last post in my 7 days of kick ass habits. It has been fun as I have put these together for me as much as anyone else. The theme of each day has shifted, which I guess you noticed and this is because being the best you is not just about being as productive as possible or how many goals you can achieve. It’s a balance of a multitude of components. Some of which will be important to some and not so important to others, the key is drawing that line in the sand as to what’s important to you. Find, what those critical things are that make you happy and give you your sense of self-worth.
- Discipline. One of the key differences consistently highlighted between successful people and unsuccessful people is discipline. The capacity to delay instant gratification for long-term gain and the resolve to stay steadfast on the task at hand.
- Consistency. No matter what you do be consistent. Be consistent in your personal demeanor and be consistent across the compartments of your life. What this means is if you work hard at being great also work hard at being great in your relationship or at your hobby. The law of diffusion suggests that if you are slacker in one area it will seep into other areas of your life.
- Recognise mistakes. Or as I you may have heard before, there is no such thing as mistakes or failure just feedback. Everything is just a big feedback loop if you approach it in the right way.
- Give what you would like to get in return. This is essentially the law of attraction and is fundamental to my personal moral compass.
- Sharpen the Saw. I, of course, do not own this little pearl of wisdom. That credit goes to Stephen Covey. This is means; always be improving, learning and updating your skill set and knowledge.
I hope you have enjoyed this little series of tips. Your feedback is welcome and any requests for the next series of tips please comment below.
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '&' in /home/bennowlan/bennowlan.com/wp-content/themes/suffusion/custom/post-footer.php on line 16