This week I’m going to give you 5 things each day you wake up to help you apply to each day. This will shape your mindset, health and the potentially the course of your week. Here is my first list of 5:
- Write 5 goals for today. Most people just write tasks lists and usually task these lists contain non-urgent or low priority things like ‘pick milk up’. Before you go to bed each night or first thing in the morning write 5 goals down that you can achieve that day that would make in impact on your life. If you do this every day for a year that’s 1825 things you can achieve in a year, pretty cool right?!
- Drink two Litres of water. Keeping your body hydrated will have more positive affects on you than you realize. Clarity of mind and energy are two and they are the building blocks of having awesome days.
- Let go of that thing that is bugging you. Whether it be about a person or a particular event. Acknowledge it and accept it and then let it go. Watch how better it makes you feel.
- No sweets today. Oh no, I knew he might say that. I hear you saying. It might feel good at the time but the highly processed sugar and many other bad things that are in sweets really are not good for us. Your body will thank you for it later.
- 20 minutes of exercise. Whatever your situation, whatever your diary looks like today find a way to fit in at least 20 minutes. You can do it at home, in your hotel room, lunch break….wherever. Exercise increases production of serotonin and oxytocin, which will make you feel good. A positive feeling leads to positive action, which leads to more positive feelings and so the cycle can begin. If you know those people that always seem like they are high on life and always kicking goals, this is one way they achieve that.
Have a great day.